Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mamma Mia, 1/2 Marathon's, Dinosaur Museums, and $2 Tuesdays.

Mamma Mia-Ladies Night Out
Thursday night, the Cox ladies all gathered to enjoy a ladies night out. We went to Mamma Mia, which was a hit, and then to Hires to chat about random topics that included synchronized swimming, politics and Paris Hilton. It's always a fun time with the Cox ladies.

Race Day-Provo 1/2 Marathon
Next up, Kathy and family came to visit for a couple of days. She came to run the Provo Half Marathon with me. She was there to support me when I hit mile 11-I curse the 2.1 miles that looped to the finish in the Riverwoods shopping area!!

Dinosaur Museum

Kathy and I took the kids to the Dinosaur Museum while Lo and Chad headed to South Mountain to get in a golf game. The kids literally ran from one exhibit to the next, unfortunately for us, they ran in different directions.


We have had a couple of FUN weeks full of family visits and hope for many more to come.

$2 Tuesdays at the Children's Discovery Gardens

Drew, Sommey and I enjoyed a fun day in the sun on Wednesday. Notice the llama(I think it's a llama) in the window taking aim at the two cute and oblivious kiddos splashing their way around Noah's ark. Note to self: other people are aware of $2 Tuesdays -the proof is in the next picture.

Even amidst the million people participating in our day at the Discovery Gardens, we had a great time. There was a lot for the kids to see and do. Sadly, my camera ran out of power, so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked of our fun day.

3 comments:

Rilieanne said...

I have seen mamma mia, and loved it! They look like they had so much fun making it don't you think? Yea! Great job on the 1/2 marathon, I'm so impressed. I could never in my wildest dreams pull something like that off. You've been so lucky having your family come and visit with you.

Tin said...

Salivating at the mention of Hires. Loved the pictures of the kiddies at Noah's Ark, that look like such a cute place. Congrats on the half marathon. I am trying to talk myself into coming and running it next year.

Lindsay said...

Let's see where to begin, yes Mama Mia was such a fun movie. I went with a bunch of girlfriends and was glad that Jonny wasn't with me because he would have been so bugged. Way to go on the 1/2 Marathon, that is so awesome and inspirational. It looks like you guys had tons of fun with the Dickemores. And what a cute garden, it looks like such a cool place to explore - a kid's paradise.