Tuesday, February 10, 2009

GORGOZA PARK

Dave, Jen and their little guy Jake came to visit from Phoenix for a quick trip on Monday, so we decided to make a day of it. We headed up to Gorgoza Park in Park City to take advantage of ALL the snow that has been falling here in Utah. They came from toasty and warm Phoenix to spend the day with us and we had a great time.
Jake was a pro, even though this was his first official snow experience. It was a great way to sled. A rope tow gently pulled you up the hill until it dropped you off for another ride down the mountain. I got a shot of Lo and I heading up for another sled ride.

Drew relaxing on his tube. He was fearless, which made it hard to keep with him. He would sled down the hill and get right back on the rope tow whether I was anywhere near him or not.

They had cute little tubes for Sommer and Jake that fit them just right. Sommer was a fan of staying in the tube between rides. So we would pull her from the ride down the hill over to the rope tow up the hill.

One last picture of the kids just before we headed back to warm up at our house. We had such a great time with our friends. We look forward to many more visits.

I was impressed that we all left injury free. It was a much more mellow sledding experience compared to those from my younger years. I think I always came home with some sort of injury any time me and my family and friends finished a day of sledding.

3 comments:

Tin said...

it looks like a fun time. you guys look all bundled and warm. love the new background.

MossPosse said...

That totally looks like a blast... and I think I would enjoy sledding even more without the hike back up the hill! Your mom keeps mentioning a family sledding trip- I think we should definitely fulfill her wish!

Lindsay said...

Your snow is making me a bit envious. We haven't even had enough to go sledding :( Hopefully soon. Looks like such a fun time. That really is the best way to sled. Your right about always getting hurt, it might be the most dangerous winter sport.