Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DAD 1944-2010



I never fully realized the limits of the English language until this happened in my life. There are no words great enough to describe how much you really love someone and there are no words descriptive enough to explain the emotions that go along with the process of losing someone you love.

I was told on July 3, 2008 that my Dad had cancer. and on June 24th, 2010 was told that he passed away in the home I grew up in.

My father said from the very first diagnosis that "He felt good about things." he would follow that statement with "I don't know what that means, but I really do feel good about things."

My Dad's words were always a great source of comfort and wisdom. Whenever there was a crisis(or at least, what I thought was a crisis) in my life, I would call to chat with him. He had the ability to help put my challenges into perspective and calm life's"storms."

In true form, my father continues to teach me and ease my mind. I was reading some of the letters that he sent me while serving my mission in Mexico. I found this letter and have included a portion of its contents:

We are all doing fine and enjoying the blessings that Heavenly Father so regularly sends. We are proud of each family member and the progress you are each making. Heavenly Father has truly blessed us with great children, each of whom we love more than words can express. How fortunate we are to be so blessed, and to live at this time in the world.

May the Lord bless you in your labors and sustain you during those discouraging and trying times that will come. May he bless you with that great joy that comes only as we obediently serve him regardless of obstacles placed in our path. We love you Bizzy and pray for your protection and success each day. Work hard and be happy.

Love, Dad






I knew the Plan of Salvation was true before losing my father and only know with more surety of it's truthfulness after his passing. I have been overwhelmed by the kindness shown to my Dad, Mom and family throughout these past couple years. I am amazed and can see the Lord's care in the countless acts of kindness that have continued to be shared with our family during this time.

How lucky I am to know you are my Dad forever. I love you Dad.

6 comments:

Tin said...

Love you, Bizzy

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - it was beautiful!

Lindsay said...

I think the English language did you quite well. So well put, and completly touching.

Mel said...

Hna. You've been in my thoughts since I seen you a week or so ago. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of you dad. I wish I would have known earlier. I just want to tell you that you are an amazing person with wonderful parents. Although I didn't know your dad well, I know he had to be great by the person you are. I am thankful for the time they allowed us to grow together. You forever have touched my life. Love you.

kathy said...

I need to check your blog out more often....I love the pictures of Dad. That was a nice tribute, and it made me happy/sad to read it. Now I know that I cannot blog... I am not quite so eloquent.

Melissa said...

Hey Liz! It was so fun meeting you the other night. I'm so sorry about your dad. I lost my grandpa in early July and although not exactly the same as losing my dad I certainly had a lot of the same emotions. Hopefully we will all be able to get together again. It's fun to keep up with everyone.