Friday, June 27, 2008

Tuesday Night with the OakRidge Boys.....

Lo and I went, as Donnie and Marie sing it best, "a little bit country" this past Tuesday thanks to some free tickets from Zions Bank. It was a charity dinner/auction for the American Indian Services at Thanksgiving Point and The Oakridge Boys were the entertainment for the night.

My parents had a few Oakridge Boys records, so I remember listening to them growing up; when they sang Elvira and Fancy Free , I actually could sing along to their country tunes. We ended up having a good time and the charity raised over $125, 000.

7 comments:

Brandon and Lori said...

Brandon and I went to see them before we got married. I hadn't even heard of them. They were good though, I'm always up for a new adventure. Glad ya had fun.

me and the boys said...

That may have been the concert at the State Fair that I met Lori at when she and Brandon were first dating. I really liked the Oak Ridge Boys before so I thought it was a real good concert. Way to go, getting "a little bit country."

Tin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tin said...

There is nothing better than " Giddy Up Oom Poppa Oom Poppa Mow Mow Heigh-ho Silver, away." Now those are song lyrics.

Brett & Honnelore said...

Gotta love the Oak Ridge Boys. Looking at the other comments it must be a Mortenson tradition to take their girlfriends to the Oak Ridge Boys.

Lori said...

Giddie up ah oompa-pa - ooom- pa - pa - mow mow....

OB reminds me of road trips with my family during potato harvest as a youngin'

Kliss said...

I didn't know they were still around. Do they still look like Muppets? Or maybe I associate them with the Muppets because they were on the Muppet show. I did like the Oak Ridge Boys as a kid, I believe we had the 8-track.