Sunday, June 7, 2009

AIR SHOW

Saturday, we went to the Air Show at Hill Air Force Base. The pilots put on quite the show. We spent the day with Lo's parents, and Mardi and her kids.
I think Sommer's favorite part of the show was the animal crackers and pretzels.
Drew and Lo ended up touring the planes that were parked on the tarmac for a hands-on-tour: both were equally impressed with what they were able to check out and see.
I loved the Biplanes, because they did the coolest tricks.
Lo and I had to leave a early to go to a dinner, so we missed the Thunderbirds. We left our kiddies with Lo's parents, so Drew and Sommey were able to see the Thunderbirds end the show with an impressive finale. The Air show made for a great weekend activity!


I can't take credit for the above pic of the Thunderbirds......found this via the internet.

4 comments:

Kat said...

I heard the airshow was awesome. :) Sounds like lots of fun. Hey, does Erin have a blog too?

Heather said...

HOW FUN!! we really wanted to go to that!! I remember going with my family when I was little because my dad was in the Air force, the pics are really cool!

MossPosse said...

WOW! Quite the shots- I assume that since you only gave internet credit for one that it means you took the others yourself? Either way, great post! I guess this means you won't be dying to come to the Rexburg Air Show in a few weeks, however, eh?

Liz said...

I actually did take the rest of the pics....The planes made it easy to take cool pictures! I bet the Rexburg show will be very fun...Maybe even put the one we saw to shame, right?? Especially if Jake going to perform any tricks in the show.