Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TETONS and YELLOWSTONE

We spent the long UEA weekend in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Our first stop was Old Faithful. We arrived just after it had erupted and we were not patient enough to wait around for the next eruption, so the bit of steam coming out was good enough for us.
We saw a lot of Bison on our trip. Bison proved to be a tricky word for Drew. He kept calling them Binos's and would correct Sommer if she didn't say the word just right.
We also saw a lot of Elk. Lo got this picture of this giant one just off the side of the road.
The Tetons are one of my most favorite places in the world. I have so many great memories of this Park and it always does my heart good to go back.
This is the new Visitor's Center in Moose. It was fun to see my old stomping ground and exciting to see the changes that have gone on since I was there.
We took a short walk around Jenny Lake. We threw a lot of rocks in the water and saved Aubrey's life a lot. She was determined to go in the water and we had to cut our stay at the lake short due to her determination.
Here is the one picture that I accidentally caught of myself in the rear view mirror. It proves I really was there on our family vacation. Beautiful surroundings, animal sightings, fun adventures and great company made for a really fantastic trip. It is always good to get away!

2 comments:

me and the boys said...

It's the truth about having to prove you were on a trip with the subtle pictures of you, because you are the one who is always behind the camera!! I heard you ran into my friend, Kathy, up there. Small world! :)

Tin said...

It's been a long time since we have been to Yellowstone. Shane and I were talking we need to make a trip up there one of these times we are home. Great pictures, we have some wonderful momories there as well.