Friday, March 14, 2008

Denim Blue

In lieu of my diaper bag needing to be thrown away and not wanting to do so, I decided to give Rit Dye a go. Due to my anxiety to make any decision, however big or small in my life, much deliberation went into the color choice. I wanted to dye it brown, denim blue, or burnt orange. I finally opted for denim blue. Here are the before and after shots:















First, I have to say don't be fooled by these pictures. Somehow the after picture bag looks more worn out than the before shot. I promise that in person the denim blue is a much needed improvement. I also have to say that part of me wishes I would have gone for the burnt orange color.
This small project has got me looking through my closet for any clothes that may need a color change. Don’t be surprised if the next time you see me I am dressed in denim blue from head to toe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you dye your hair that color? That would be awesome.

Jake

Lindsay said...

Awesome idea! It turned out well. In highschool, I went throught the biggest RIT dye phase. It is so much fun! I think you peaked my interest again. I need to go through my things.

Kliss said...

You could have saved yourself the trouble of picking one color by purchasing all the choices and some rubber bands. After the tye dye is complete, you go buy some Birkenstock's and then you are one cool mom. Just a thought...