Thursday, March 27, 2008

The "Sticky Ring."

Drew has never been one to shove things up his nose until yesterday. After lunch, Drew seemed a bit distressed and was complaining about the"sticky ring" that he said was stuck up his nose. Without knowing what this item was we searched and searched his nasal cavity unsucessfully. Well, today at around 3:30 pm and with the help of my eyebrow tweezers the infamous "sticky ring" mystery was solved. The "sticky ring" was a not so little purple jewel that had fallen off of Sommer's princess crown a few days ago. Drew just had to see if he could fit the beautiful gem up his nose and the jewel decided to stay for at least one night. I really can't believe I couldn't see it up there; I have an entirely new appreciation for how deep our nose holes are. (Lindsay, I also have a whole new appreciation for your many efforts in rescuing Calvin's little nose from foreign objects.)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Liz, thanks I am glad to have a sympathizer. Funny, funny little boys. Do you think this a new phase? If it ever happens again, I did get some good feedback. I was a bit criticized for using tweezers in case I punctured a membrane or something, and someone else told me to use a vacumn to get it out. My vacumn sucks, but your Dyson might do the trick.

EJ said...

I'm having a vague memory of you eating interesting objects, ie. a small skunk toy... I've yet to dig anything out of Murie's nose, but her ears have been keen spots for beads, toys, money and other things. I was too criticized for using a needle to get out the bead, a vacuum sounds like a great tool.

Anonymous said...

Seems to be a pretty common thing, children getting thing caught up their noses. Actually, just the other day I removed a jewel similar to this one from Mandi's nose. Hope she learned her lesson!

Jake

Lori said...

I found you via linds and john! Good to 'see' you again so soon. :)

Tin said...

Liz, this looks huge, I cannot belive sweet Drew would put something like that up his nose. I seem to remember us having a sister that would put, peas, carrots etc., up her nose. All Makaila ever put up her nose was a red m'n'm, up her nose. When we finally got it out. She said she was "bleeding" we never had another problem again. But then you probably remember how she was with blood.