Wednesday, July 9, 2008

DAD

On July 3rd, we found out that my Dad has prostate cancer. It is the last thing I ever expected or wanted the hear. I know that he will be amazingly strong through this ordeal and that we, as an entire family are available for all the help, support, and prayers needed at this time. He has an appointment scheduled on Friday at the Huntsman Cancer Institute to decide what will be required for treatment. I am freshly amazed by the power of prayers and fasting. We never know what we are going to experience in this life and the Lord is tender enough to give us tools to endure whatever comes our way. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, prayers, and concern in my father's behalf. We All Love You so much Dad!

7 comments:

Mel said...

G's dad was diagnosed with pc last fall. He had a rough go for a bit, but now is doing well & the cancer is in remission. We were told at the time of his diagnosis, that most don't die from pc, but will die with it. I hope that your dad will be blessed and watched over at this time. Hope you family will be comforted as well. The "c" word is such a scary thing. Hope all goes well at his appointment. You are in our prayers.

Tin said...

I love you Liz.

Andrea (Annie) said...

I am so sorry to hear about my dear Uncle! I love you all and pray for many miracles in your behalf. Uncle B is an amazing man and I know he can get through this. My prayers are with all of you. Love you Liz!

Brett & Honnelore said...

So sorry to hear about your dad. What a scary time for you and your family. Hang in there and our hope and prayers go out for you and your dad.

Brandon and Lori said...

Liz, sorry about your dad. Hope all goes well, it's amazing what they can do now-a-days. Good Luck and our prayers are with you and your family.

Kliss said...

Wow, Liz. I am so sorry to hear this news. I don't know what else to say except that your family will be in our prayers too.

melissa said...

That is so terrible, Liz. My prayers are with you and your family.