Sunday, September 21, 2008

Top of Utah Marathon-I DID IT!!!


I ran the Top of Utah Marathon on Saturday in Logan. For my first marathon, my goal was to just finish. I ended up walking around 4 miles of the race, but still ended up finishing just under 5 hours. I met some really cool people, ended up seeing one of my great friends, and realized that I could actually make it to the finish line.

Lo got this shot of me around mile 25.5
He got another shot of me smiling as I see the finish line right in front of me.
........and then for the final shot as I crossed the blessed finish line. My final official time was 4 hours 58 minutes. It was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had and I really think I will do it again......not next week, but next year sounds pretty good.

7 comments:

Kliss said...

Way to go! I am so impressed. I don't know how you could do it. Did all your toe nails survive?

Rilieanne said...

I am in awe! I don't know how you do it either. Makes me extremely tired just looking at the pictures. It would probably set me back for three weeks afterwards - if not longer. You're an amazing lady.

me and the boys said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! It sounds like your first experience with a marathon was much better than mine, and I'm so glad! I don't have any desire to do another one for a good long time! We missed you on Saturday, but great job!!

EJ said...

I love the smiling shot! I'll have to look into training for one. Maybe I could start a secret society of runners, want to join. :)

Lindsay said...

Liz, that is AWESOME!!!! Way to go. You did it in an awesome time. It really makes me want to go running like crazy, but prego body always makes me want to excercise like a mad woman. It just doesn't last long after the babe comes.

Tin said...

You are an amazing lady. I am PROUD to call you my sister. I knew you could do it.

Lori said...

Good Work Liz.