Wednesday, May 14, 2008

LOTTERY SHMOTTERY

I registered for the St. George Marathon , ready and excited to run my first marathon, and was sadly one of the 3, 000 people DENIED a spot in the race-----darn that blasted lottery. Yes, I must admit a tiny part of me was a bit relieved, but the majority of me was much more sad than anticipated.
There is a small possibility I can get into the race through one of the supporting charities if I can grow a money tree. Also, Lo does have a work associate from St. George that knows the race Director that may possibly find an avenue into the race.
There is another marathon in Logan that may have to take it's place, but I have to say that I am just not feeling the love for the Logan race.
In the meantime, I will continue my training efforts and see what happens.

7 comments:

Mel said...

You are crazy. But I admire that. If I could run around the block right now, I would consider myself fit. I'm terrible. But you are a saucy little one w/ quick feet - you go girl. Run a lap for me.

Btw, love the pic of you on Kliss' blog. Reminded me of the stories I heard about Jackson in the MTC.

Tin said...

I admire you for your effort for even trying. If you want any help running we have a great dog that all you have to do is strap him to your waist and hope to be able to keep up.

EJ said...

I think I would be doing the dance of joy if the marathon was full. I will however be forever grateful for you for helping me to see that I could run farther than a mile. ( darn those gym teachers).

Anonymous said...

i had to memorize lines from romeo and juliet doing the mother nurse and juliet scene

Brandon and Lori said...

I hope that's not feeling the love for Logan? My friend ran it last year and said it was pretty fun. It drives me and Brandon nuts though cause they close all of the streets down by our neighborhod. The race for the cure was pretty fun to bad we didn't see you!

Lindsay said...

Maybe you should consider the Mile High Marathon, and come and see us!!!! We would be the best cheerleaders out there. I think it's so awesome you are training. You Moss ladies are go getters.

Kliss said...

I too am impressed that you would even consider a marathon let alone enter a lottery. That's a lot of work right there. I hope you can pull some strings and get in. Otherwise, run yourself up here and we'll train on Guitar Hero. No shin splints....