Tuesday, May 20, 2008

OUCH!!! (training wheels and all)

I was always dreading the first broken arm or leg and hoped my kids would, somehow, grow up broken bone free like I did. Saturday night Drew dashed my hopes and wound up with a broken arm due to a crazy fall off his bike----training wheels and all.
He broke it in two places and has to wear his sling/wrap until the Doctor casts it on Friday when the swelling has gone down.
In the meantime, he has been out swinging his golf clubs, riding his bike, running with friends; it is definitely business as usual, with a one-armed difference. He has been a trooper and so tough during the whole ordeal.

9 comments:

Tin said...

It sure looks like it is not slowing him down any. It is to bad that had to happen. That just shows he is a true boy. Tell Drew welcome to the boys club.

EJ said...

Poor little guy, he looks pretty tough with a cast. I always wanted a cast so everyone could sign it.

Kliss said...

At least he's back on the bike. What a tough kid.

MossPosse said...

OUCH! is right!! We would say 'poor Drew', but he doesn't seem to be too affected?! If he does get a good signing cast, save room for us to add our names when you make it up to Rexburg!

Andrea (Annie) said...

Congrats on joining the ranks! My Slater has broken both of his arms, both times from rolling off the couch. It is no fun when they get hurt!

Lindsay said...

Sheesh, that must have been a pretty crazy crash. What a tough little boy though. I am dreading the day that Cal gets seriously injured. I think he has a very, very, very low pain tolerance and wouldn't be the trooper that Drew is. Give him a love from us!

Mel said...

tough boy. broken arm & riding a bike. must have inherited his mother's determination. when are we getting together. do you have free time when you are a mom? let me know when we can arrange something.

Brett & Honnelore said...

Poor Drew! I can only imagine that breaking a bone is very painful. Breaking bones must be a boy thing, I never broke any bones either.

Lori said...

there is no stopping drew! I also survived childhood with no broken bones. how did we get so luckY?