Thursday, May 1, 2008

A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO DREW!

Drew's Birthday is in August, which is why he got to celebrate his un-Birthday today at preschool. He took some treat bags and party hats to share with his class for the celebration. At school, he was lucky enough to have a balloon tied to his chair and to wear a birthday crown while the class sang Happy Birthday. Drew is always ready for a party, and was feeling pretty darn good about one being held in his honor.
I have a June birthday, so I remember celebrating my un-Birthday in school too. One celebration that stands out was 1st grade in Mrs. Mickelson's class: to celebrate your special day you got to have her fancy Miss Piggy puppet sit on your desk for the entire day and, needless to say, I felt like a million bucks.
So, although there was no Miss Piggy puppet involved today, Drew is feeling pretty good about his un-Birthday celebration too. Happy, Happy un-Birthday Drew!




6 comments:

hizznizzle said...

Happy un-birthday to Drew! I remember when muppets were all the rage! I can't believe how much Drew looks like you Liz, he is so cute and grown up. I am adding you to our link list, hope you don't mind.--lez

MossPosse said...

I'm glad that Drew still gets a chance to celebrate in school- he appears to feel the same way! How fun! I keep feeling bad for Kempton having his birthday so close to Christmas, but I'm pretty sure he'll always still be in school on the 12th of December.

EJ said...

When I saw the picture of Miss Piggy I was so hoping you would write about Mrs. Mickelson. I remember being so excited for the day when the Miss Piggy would sit on my desk. She was a huge puppet and took up my entire desk, but boy was I excited!

Tin said...

I loved what you wrote. The funny thing is Shane's parents and sister are here and brought the rest of our stuff from Idaho. I was going through my cedar chest with Kaesi (Shane's niece) and found my Miss Piggy paper doll and had to put on her clothes and wigs. I loved that paper doll. There must be something about Miss Piggy.

Lindsay said...

What an awesome idea. I don't think the poor summer b-day kids in our school got such cool recognition. Well happy un-birthday to Drew!

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.